Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dear Sariah, today you are 1!

Dear Sariah,

Today, May 18, 2011 you turn 1. 

One year full of smiles, giggles, squeals and fun. 
One year full of snuggles, kisses, raspberries and hugs.
One year  full of LOVE! ♥ ♥

You were our little surprise blessing, one we are grateful for everyday of our lives.  You entered this world with your own flair and you have been a unique spirit ever since.  As a mom of 4 you would think I could learn each child is their own person but I am always still amazed at how different you are from your siblings.

You are my little comedian, my jokester always out to get a laugh.  You are loving and cuddly, my sweet koala baby.  You are latched on to my neck in the "koala hold" as I type this.  Snuggled in falling asleep.  I try to savor these special snuggles reserved just for us, I know they are all too fleeting.  I kiss your head, drink in that baby smell and try to freeze time.  You and I frozen forever in this special moment.  The seconds continue to tick by anyways.

I remember when a year seemed like an eternity, now a year flies by in the blink of an eye.  You have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time.  You have gone from my flippy floppy newborn, so frail and so small, to this big sturdy baby who really can no longer be called "baby".  You learned to sit up, to crawl, cruise and soon you will walk.  You're already trying to take a few steps, I keep telling you to slow down, wait just a little bit longer but you are determined to keep up with your siblings.

With each step I see you try to take I know you are stepping farther and farther away from me towards your own independence.  How many more koala snuggles do we have?  How much longer will you have this downy baby head?  How many more times will you sweetly fall asleep in my arms?  These questions keep swirling around in my head.  I try to hold on tight to each precious moment and milestone but the time keeps slipping through my hands.

You are so loved baby girl, I cannot even put into words how much mommy and daddy love you.  You have a beautiful spirit, even your siblings adore you.  You are quite the little princess in our home.

So, where do we go from here?  What does the upcoming year have in store for us?  I am not sure but I can't wait to discover it all with you! 

Love,
your mama,
Christy




I was going to do this as a separate Wordless Wednesday post but decided I wanted to put it here instead:

1 Year in Pictures:


May 18, 20110- Just born
Born 8:55 am
8lbs 5 oz, 21" long

May 18, 2010- Just born

1 week old- taken May 26, 2010
1 week old- taken May 26, 2010

1 month old- taken June 19, 2010
1 month old- taken June 2010

2 months- taken Aug 1, 2010 (technically 2.5 months haha)
3 months old- taken Aug 19, 2010
4 months old- taken Sept 19, 2010


4 months old-taken Oct 9, 2010
tasting apple for the first time, a honeycrisp-they are
somewhat "famous" in our home.

5 months old- taken Oct, 2010

6 months old (ok a little shy of it)- taken Nov 2010


6 months old (for real this time)- taken Nov 25, 2010


7 months old (and first Christmas)- taken Dec 25, 2010
8 months old- taken Jan 18, 2011
9 months old- taken Feb 23, 2011
10 months old- taken March 23, 2011
a few days shy of 11 months old- taken April 15, 2011
11 months old, standing like a big girl!- taken April 22, 2011
creeping up on 1, and eating dirt- taken May 11, 2011

♥ ♥ Birthday Girl!- taken May 18, 2011 at 8:55am ♥ ♥

P.S. YES!  I used her real name, shhhhhhhhhhhh! haha.  I am kind of over the whole psuedo-Miss Princess Pooky Pants-names.  I confuse myself when I try to write blogs and things just don't flow right at times.  Writing Dear Tubby, today you are 1 just didn't sound right to me.  Although we do call her Tubby a lot in real life so it flows better than the other 3 who's psuedo names we rarely use for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...